Enjoy one of my favorites of the season; a simple yet delectable way to savor spring’s treasured morels.
1 pound morels, cut in half
1 pound choice of cooked pasta: angel hair, linguine, fettuccine
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
¼ cup white wine: chardonnay or sauvignon blanc
¾ cup Romano cheese
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons chives, chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saute pan, place on medium-high heat with a 2 tablespoons of olive oil; heat until the pan starts to smoke slightly and then remove from heat.
2. Add morels, stand and let them cook until you smell a nutty aroma.
3. Add garlic and shallot; cook until you smell aroma.
4. Add white wine; reduce until almost dry.
5. Add pasta; stir as it begins heating.
6. Add butter and toss with pasta until melted; add chives and parsley.
7. Add Romano cheese to the pasta and fold in; save some to top dish.
8. Season to taste.
9. Add pasta to serving dish, reserving the mushrooms to be poured on top.
10. Finish with Romano and fresh cracked pepper.